Verizon rent rates are constantly evolving. It’s important to know the True Value of your cell tower lease before making any decisions regarding your cell tower lease. Let’s break down what the 2018 Verizon rent rates forecast looks like, and what it might mean to you and your cell tower lease.
Verizon independently operates (approximately) 2,500 cell towers, and over 4,600 rooftop sites in 50 states, in addition to 11,324 towers that are managed by American Tower. Below are some of the forecasts for Verizon in 2018:
- In 2017, Verizon ramped up its small cell deployment in an effort to meet current and future customer needs. In 2018, Verizon will continue its small cell growth efforts. Verizon’s small cell growth presents opportunities for commercial property owners, municipalities, and universities via master agreement deals.
- In 2017, Verizon was the leader and remained aggressive in its cell tower and rooftop site deployment. In 2018, it will be the same for Verizon as it continues its cell tower boom pace. Site development will be mostly focused in the southwest and mid-west regions of the United States.
- In 2018, American Tower will continue to manage over 11,000 cell tower sites in the United States and will aggressively pursue property owners to extend their Verizon leases. The primary issue for property owners is the continued below-average rental rates being offered by Verizon based upon the value being derived by Verizon.
- Verizon, both directly and mostly through its third-party vendor network, pursues property owners to extend their current lease agreements. These lease extensions are necessary for Verizon to secure its wireless network. Know the “True Value” of your cell tower lease before making any decisions regarding your cell tower lease.
- The customer data and technology demands will continue to grow in 2018. There will be thousands of 5G/LTE upgrades for existing cell tower and rooftop cell sites in the United States. These modifications translate to opportunity knocking for property owners. Understand the real value to Verizon of any equipment modification request before you sign anything.
Do you need to make a decision about your cell tower lease? Contact us today to get the most money for your lease. Get the cell site lease you deserve!
What to do when Verizon calls.