What To Do When Verizon (or American Tower) Calls
Have you been contacted by Verizon or American Tower to put a cell tower on your property, extend your Verizon cell tower lease, or negotiate the terms of a lease buyout?
Here are a few common reasons they contact people about cell tower leases:
- New Construction: New Verizon cell tower lease agreements typically come in two flavors: construction of a new tower or by adding small cell equipment or antennas to your building. If you are a property owner, they want to see if you are interested in leasing your property for the construction of a cell tower. Building owners will be asked to install rooftop antennas & may be able to negotiate their rent based on multiple locations.
- Modify: Both Verizon & American Tower aggressively seek to make changes to existing Verizon cell tower leases. The new agreements allow them to expand the size of leased area or upgrade equipment on the cell tower lease site.
- New Equipment: Cell sites often need update to keep up with evolving technology like 4G/LTE or 5G. They want to add equipment which may include new or additional antennas, generators, fiber optic cables or utilities to serve their equipment.
- Add a Sublease: Many towers include sublets & you may be contact to request the consent for third-parties to sublease space.
- Extend Existing Lease: They request an extension to your existing Verizon cell tower lease, granting them access the tower for a longer period of time.
Outlook for 2017
- Continued Aggressive Cell Site Growth
- Renewed Emphasis on Small Cell & Distributed Antenna Systems
- Continued Pursuit of Large-Scale Lease Renewals
- American Tower Attempting To Extend Leases on Verizon Cell Towers They Bought
- Substantial 4G/LTE Upgrades
Read our complete blog post 2017 Forecast-Verizon Cell Sites: 5 Things You Need To Know for more detailed information.
American Tower & Verizon Wireless
Did you know that American Tower paid 5 billion dollars to Verizon for the rights to 11,323+ cell towers? This deal impacts you in more ways than you may realize. If you suspect your tower is one that was included in that deal, be sure to read 4 Things They Don’t Want You To Know: American Tower & Verizon.
How Our Consultants Can Help With Your Verizon Cell Tower Lease
Vertical Consultants will work on your behalf to determine what options you have for any Verizon cell tower lease request.
As part of our comprehensive telecom, real estate and legal services, we can also help you determine how best to negotiate a Verizon cell tower lease.
Let us help you maximize your Verizon Cell Tower Lease.
We will review any proposed agreement given to you and determine options, based upon both the independent value of your property to Verizon and the impact on your property. As well as how to best structure rent you will be paid under such agreement and other terms. This will increase the value of your lease immediately, and also throughout the term the lease.
Contact us today regarding any request that has been made by Verizon. We review any request that may have been made by Verizon free of charge and provide you with options you may not have otherwise thought were available.
Don’t Hesitate: Schedule Your Free Consultation Right Now
Are you getting correct Verizon cell tower lease rates for your existing or new cell tower lease offer? Contact us today to find out.
Results Matter: In 2018, Vertical Consultants averaged a 305% immediate rent increase for our clients. We get results. We’re the only full-service telecom consulting firm, handling telecom, real estate and legal questions all in place. No other consulting firm can say that, nor can they match our results. “Advice is Nice but Results are Better.”
Vertical Consultants is always open to provide you references from clients we have assisted. Further, you can speak to them directly.
We averaged a 312% immediate increase in rents in 2017
Who Is Verizon Wireless?
What eventually became Verizon was originally founded as Bell Atlantic, which was one of the seven baby bells were formed after AT&T was forced to terminate control of the Bell System by judicial order. Bell Atlantic came into existence in 1984, with a footprint from New Jersey to Virginia, with each area having a separate operating company.
As part of the rebranding the baby bells took in the mid-1990s, all of the operating companies assumed the Bell Atlantic name. In 1997, Bell Atlantic expanded to the Northeast.
In 2000, Bell Atlantic merged with GTE, which operated telecommunications companies across most of the rest of the country that was not already in Bell Atlantic’s footprint.
Today Verizon Wireless serves over 120 million subscribers and operates almost 50,000 cell sites across North America.
Results Matter: In 2018, Vertical Consultants averaged a 305% immediate increase in rents being received by our clients. We get results by being the only full-service telecom consulting firm that can handle your telecom, real estate and legal questions all under one roof. No other consulting firm can say that, nor can they match our results. “Advice is Nice but Results are Better”
Get A Free Lease Agreement Review and Consultation – We Can Immediately Increase Your Cell Tower Rents