AT&T rent rates are constantly evolving. It’s important to know the True Value of your cell tower lease before making any decisions regarding your cell tower lease. Let’s break down what the 2018 AT&T rent rates forecast looks like, and what it might mean to you and your cell tower lease.
AT&T is currently operating 6,120 cell towers in 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, as well as approximately 4,130 rooftop sites throughout the United States. The following are some predictions for 2018:
- Small cell technology, in 2018, will be a primary focus for AT&T as their need to meet customer data demands continues to grow at an astounding rate. The growth of small cell cite technology will continue to provide new site opportunities for commercial property owners, municipalities, and universities.
- AT&T’s cell tower portfolio continues to expand, but it will continue to lag behind Verizon, who was the leader in new cell tower builds in 2017. In 2017, AT&T and Verizon decided to enter into a joint venture agreement to build more cell towers commencing in 2018.
- AT&T continues its use of third-party vendors to pressure property owners to extend their leases based upon subtle lease termination threats. In 2017, AT&T terminated less than one-half of 1% of its total cell site portfolio. Do not sign anything until you know the real risk of termination.
- “Rent Optimization” programs continue in 2018 by AT&T. These programs are focused on getting property owners to reduce rents; however, this is only optimal for AT&T. Before signing any documentation, you need to understand “True Value” of your cell tower lease.
- In 2017, AT&T continued to modify its existing equipment, and these efforts will increase in 2018. These modifications are mostly due to rapid advancements in technology and large growth in data demands. Understand the real value to AT&T of any requested modifications before you sign any approval documentation.
Do you need to make a decision about your cell tower lease? Contact us today to get the most money for your lease. Get the cell site lease you deserve!