Vertical Consultants has recently worked with several landowners who have not been paid correctly for upwards of ten (10) years. Vertical Consultants recently assisted a landowner to collect underpaid rent and expenses on an AT&T lease that had not been paid correctly dating back to 2002 and continues to work with landowners to collect these past due amounts, sometimes equaling tens of thousands of dollars.
So how does this happen and how can Vertical Consultants assist you? While most landowners can easily interpret a cell tower lease, the issue with most of these leases is that while as much as a cell tower lease is a real estate transaction, it is truly more of a telecom transaction. And this is where underpayment of rent and expenses occur. This is primarily due to the fact that a cell phone carrier or tower company will not readily provide information that will enable a landowner to not only determine if they are getting paid correctly but determine if they are receiving “true value” for the use of their property.
If you are a landowner who currently has either a cell tower or rooftop lease, then Vertical Consultants can assist you in optimizing that asset by establishing both a short term and long term strategy.
The typical cell tower or rooftop lease has a term of a minimum of twenty (20) years, so a landowner should establish a plan that deals with both your short and long terms goals as it relates to that cell tower lease. Why is that necessary? If a landowner can structure and manage its cell tower or rooftop lease correctly, it can assist that landowner in preventing non-payment or underpayment of rents and expenses due under that agreement, which may mean hundreds of thousands of dollars it would not otherwise receive
Vertical Consultants can provide you with a complimentary review of your lease to assist you in determining not only what you should do next but beyond that as well.
We can assist cell tower landlords with the following topics:
- What is the “True Value” of my cell tower lease?
- Is the cell tower company correctly paying rent and expenses at my cell tower location?
- When is the optimal time to renew or extend my cell tower or rooftop lease?
- I have been asked by the tower company to consent to a sublet, what are my options and what should I receive in return for this consent?
- I have been asked by the cell tower company to grant them additional ground space, what are my options and what is a fair rent rate I should receive in return?
- I have been approached by the tower company or a third party to buy my lease; what are my options and if I want to proceed how do I maximize the value of such a transaction and what non-monetary issues should I be aware of?
- What tax issues surround a typical cell tower or rooftop lease, and any potential transfer of such lease?
Vertical Consultants can provide you with guidance on these issues and formulate a strategy for you, so that we not only address these matters in the most efficient way, but in a way that maximizes the value of your cell tower or roof top lease throughout the entire lease term.
We invite you to contact us to discuss your current cell tower or rooftop lease. We will be glad to discuss what services Vertical Consultants can provide you with to optimize your lease now and in the future.